Women Leaders Conference; Women Powering Business Conference
Women leaders shared their experiences, advice and insight during the first-ever Women Powering Business Women Leadership Conference
hosted by Randstad US
. A diverse panel of women in leadership exchanged thought-provoking ideas and inspiring stories aimed to elevate the conversation around women leaders in the workplace.
"This event has been planned to help foster cultures that promote women," said Randstad CEO of North America, Linda Galipeau, who led the panel discussion. "We are hoping that throughout this event, we all gain more strategies, best practices and ideas from the leaders here today."
Women in Leadership Panel
• Keynote speaker: Susie Wolff, a development driver for the William's Formula One (F1) team
• Academic: Pamela Scully, Chair of the Department of Women's Studies, Emory University
• Business: Pat Falotico, Vice President, IBM
• HR: Stacie Hagan, Chief People Officer, EarthLink, Inc.
• Philanthropic: Marilyn W. Midyette, CEO, Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta
Topics in the women leadership conference were a wide range of issues including, balance work and family, the importance of mentors/sponsorships, characteristics of successful women and how companies can encourage women to pursue advancement opportunities
Follow us on our blog and give us your feedback on twitter.
'Why Women Still Can't Have It All' by Anne-Marie Slaughter in Atlantic Magazine
"Are Women Better Leaders than Men?" by Jack Zenger and Joseph Folkman in Harvard Business Review