As a busy hiring manager, chances are you don’t have a lot of free time while at work to digest the latest industry information. Your day may be spent interviewing researchers for a position in R&D in the morning, meeting with your company’s next CFO over lunch and speaking in the afternoon with IT professionals to oversee the implementation and management of new technologies. You’re not an expert in all subject matter areas (nor are you expected to be!), but taking just a little bit of time to read a handful of blogs that cover a wide range of life sciences industry issues and trends will help you lead more engaging conversations.
Here are nine blogs of various topics to get you started.
General interest life sciences blogs.
There are a number of mainstream magazines and newspapers that examine life sciences from 30,000 feet, including:
- Scientific American: This magazine publishes a number of blogs on different topics to provides latest news and features on life sciences and other issues including the environment, space exploration and even how to get kids interested in science.
- WIRED Science: Wired magazine and its online publications have earned a reputation for being one of the leading outlets for technology coverage, but don’t overlook the Science blog. It features posts on a wide range of topics, including medicine.
Business management life sciences blogs.
These outlets focus on issues and provide commentary to provide news and expert advice to senior level executives across all departments, including the marketing, finance, IT and the C-Suite:
- BioPharm Insight: A subscription service which gives users financial and business information and targeted market research covering pharmaceuticals, biotech and healthcare news.
- EyeforPharma: A thought leadership site which provides a hub for senior-level pharma executives, patient advocacy groups and other health experts to exchange ideas and stay up-to-date with shifting trends and practices.
- SearchHealthIT: A one-stop-shop website for healthcare IT news and information on building and managing the IT infrastructure, including servers and data centers, mobile systems, storage, security and networking.
R&D life sciences blogs.
If you want to speak the same language as the scientists and researchers working in the lab and running clinical trials, these outlets can help:
- PLOS Biology: A peer-reviewed blog published by the Public Library of Science covering all areas of biological science, from molecules to ecosystems, as well as topics that relate to other disciplines, such as chemistry, medicine and mathematics.
- FiercePharma and FierceBiotech: FiercePharma reports on issues related to FDA rulings, pharmaceutical marketing and sales, drug safety, contract manufacturing and generic drug makers. FierceBiotech examines news and trends in the field of biotechnology.
- Pharmaphorum: Its mission is to help all healthcare stakeholders communicate, connect and collaborate in order to drive medical innovation and deliver better outcomes for patients, with the pharmaceutical industry being at the core.
Don’t worry, you won’t need to carve time out of your day to sit at your computer reading these blogs. News aggregator apps like Apple News
let you read the most recent posts from multiple outlets on your tablet or smartphone. You can catch up on your reading while on public transportation or while standing in line at the store.
Learn more about how Randstad can assist in all of your life sciences staffing
and business needs. Contact us today!