Switchgear Electrical Design Engineer, Bolingbrook, IL - The Switchgear Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, and application of electronic components on G&W products so that switchgear may be remotely operated and used to automatically reconfigure power distribution systems. Design custom solutions to match customer specifications through the selection and integration of electronic components. BSEE required
Responsibilities for the Electrical Designer
- Current and Voltage Transformers, Protective Relays, Motor Controlso Power Supplies, Communication Equipment (radios, modems, antennas, etc)
- Prepare and review drawing packets used and created by the Mechanical engineers, designers, and drafters to document electronic assemblies and Bills of Material for orders
- Generate and review drawing packets used and created by the Electrical engineers, designers, and drafters to documentlogic, point to point wiring, and system interaction.
- Assist Manufacturing in determining proper testing procedures per Industry Standards and Customer requirements
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing
- Provide pre-sales information to Sales and Marketing including: Estimated Bill of Material, Design lead time, and/orwritten description of system operation.
- Programmable Controls Cable assemblies and Wire Harnesses
Requirements for the Electrical Designer
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within a department comprised of diverse tasks anddemanding schedules.
- Training and/or experience in basic electrical or system troubleshooting.
- Experience creating drawings, models and assemblies on CAD software is necessary, RS Designer preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Spreadsheet, Outlook and project applications is required.
- Preferred experience: Knowledge of and experience with power distribution system fundamentals such as:Symmetrical components, Load flow, Short circuits, Fault current calculation, Over current protection functions, SCADA communications and standardso, Typical primary Voltage and Current test procedures, Electromagnetics and the selection and integration of motors, transformers, and generators on the power distribution system, battery systems, switches.
- Permanent role
- Relocation assistance
Job Number: 133214