Immediate opening for a Manufacturing Process Engineer for an manufacturer of engine and vehicle components in the automotive industry located near Charleston, WV. This role is responsible to participate in the development of cell layouts, set up reduction, lead time reduction and improve productivity through waste reduction. Ideal candidate will have a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline and at least three (3) years of Manufacturing experience at the plant level. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a growing organization. Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW!
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Responsible for achieving product target cost, improved efficiency and identifying possible production problems for existing products
- Evaluate and implement process/product improvements
- Involved with assigned project launch strategies, capital needs, program timing in support of all APQP, PPAP, and ISO/TS16949 requirements
- Develop workflow, effective layout and optimize processes
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor degree is required (Mechanical Engineering discipline is coveted)
- Minimum three (3) years' experience evaluating and implementing process/product improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Automotive plant experience is highly coveted
- Must have solid interpersonal relationship and training skills to establish methodologies on the plant floor
- Product launch exposure a plus.
- Full benefits package
- PTO plan
- Relocation assistance for qualified candidates