Leading Automotive manufacturer is looking to hire a permanent Plastics Engineer. This opportunity will be located in Detroit, MI
The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years experience working with tooling used for high volume plastic injection molding.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation package ranging from $70-80k
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Plastics Engineer
- Review component designs for continuous incremental improvement of cost and qualitymetrics, by driving alternate or improved part/injection tooling strategies
- Interface with internal and customer tooling groups to obtain approval for variouspart/tooling proposals and proposed engineering revisions
- Provide technical support of current model automotive interior manufacturing andassembly processes, with primary attention to all tooling applications.
Requirements for the Plastics Engineer
- 3-5 years of experience in working in a high volume manufacturing facility preferablyautomotive or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in working at a mold making facility preferably automotive orequivalent experience.