Are you a recent college grad that would like to get your food in the door to Manufacturing and Production? This is the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client in Oceanside, CA is the leading manufacturer of gourmet meats and meat products. They are currently looking for Quality Assurance Technicians to join their growing team. This position has great financial growth potential and a potential to grow into a Managerial position of your own department!
This is a long-term, temporary-to-hire opportunity for the right candidate.
Although the regular work hours are Monday through Friday from 6am to 2:30pm, in their height of their busy season, employees are required to work at least 3 hours of over-time a day.
Starting pay for this positions is $15 an hour, with the potential for increases contingent upon positive reviews.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform in-process and finished product testing
- Complete production paperwork and perform required checks in different departments
- Maintain inspection and testing procedures to ensure that everything is USDA compliant
- Identify non-confirming finished products and ensure proper communications and procedures are conducted to prevent distribution of these products
- Interact with USDA inspection program and promptly address all testing and monitoring issues
- Responsible for laboratory supplies and equipment
- Conduct inspection and testing on all customers' returned products
- Identify and/or implement quality improvement initiatives
Working hours: 6am to 2:30pm
Required skills and qualifications for this position include the following:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in food science
- Must be reliable and able to work independently
- Ability to stand walks, climb stairs, stoop, bend
- Ability to see colors, identify smells, and identify tastes during testings and reviews
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to communicate with vendors, clients and the USDA
- Able to work in cold storage and multi-level areas in a plant environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to provide two professional references that Randstad can contact
Please apply to this job posting if you have reviewed the job description and the skills and qualifications required for this position, and believe that you meet the requirements.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.