Financial Services Firm in the West Los Angeles area is seeking a qualified Trade Investment Analyst for a contract position for 6 months.
Trade Investment Analyst must have trade and fixed income experience. The Trade Investment Analyst's main role will be confirming trades and ensuring all trade details match between the trader and broker or counter parties. Trade Investment Analyst must have strong working knowledge at a trade desk, trade settlement, fixed income knowledge, trade support operations, middle/back office within a production environment.
Trade Investment Analyst responsibilities will include but limited to:
- Works with brokers to confirm fixed income trade details on the phone and electronically (e.g., security price, settlement date, settlement details, etc.)
- Processes fixed income trades into the Client's accounting systems and sends settlement instructions to custodian banks
- Makes adjustments to trade financials based on internal processing requirements as needed (e.g., index linked bonds and accrued interest)
- Processes currency decisions for trades set in a currency other than the operating currency
- Manages the To-Be-Announced (TBA) mortgage securities allocation process
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates within and outside of the organization; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively prioritize and manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Requires strong computer skills and an aptitude for working with any required systems (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Bloomberg, SWIFT messaging, etc.)
- Requires fluency in Microsoft Excel and word; working knowledge of Excel macros, v-lookups, and pivot tables is preferred
- General knowledge of securities and the investment industry is required; knowledge of fixed income and derivative products is preferred
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in financial services (ideally in compliance or operations), accounting, or a related function
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree
for immediate consideration please email: firstname.lastname@example.org reference job order # when submitting resume.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.