This position would play a key role in maintaining our existing SQL Server activity based costing and reporting application along with supporting minor enhancements. This position would also help build a new financial tracking and reporting system, support existing financial reports, build new financial reports, and perform ad hoc financial analysis.
- Maintaining and enhancing our SQL Server activity based costing and reporting application.
- Develops technical design specifications based on functional requirements.
- Accountable for design and implementation of new coding solutions as well as re-working existing code to make the application more efficient and reliable and introducing new functionality.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and implements SQL stored procedures.
- Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation.
- Maintaining processes including performing monthly data loads.
- Be a member of the team building out our new financial reporting environment and, once built, supporting that environment.
- Maintaining, producing, and enhancing management reports.
- Support Enterprise Cost Management teams in managing their customer portfolios by providing insight into reporting and data.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and measurement of financials, as well as raising financial risks, through analysis, in a timely manner.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field.
- Two years of software development or professional IT experience.
- Proven ability to code in Microsoft SQL server.
- Working experience with relational database and the development of SQL.
- Working experience with structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Experience with enterprise reporting looks like Oracle Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM) and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Experience in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and monthly accounting/closing processes a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, VBA programming, GitHub, Hyperion Essbase skills a plus.
- Insurance or related industry experience a plus.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Responsible, organized and with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Results driven, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization to understand and satisfy business partner information needs.
- Strong self-starter with a sense of urgency to providing quality solutions.