The Software Packager will engineer application installation, upgrades, and patches for COTS, in-house, and custom software across Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop technology platforms.
-Conversion of legacy application installers to MSI or silent unattended installers.
-Under general supervision, creates software deployment packages and updates for COTS ,in-house, or custom applications in an enterprise environment, utilizing such tools as Flexera Admin Studio, InstallShield, and SCCM.
-Works on basic to moderately complex applications.
-Leverage defined testing methodologies to execute package testing prior to software deployment. Maintains documentation of all customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
-Assume a technical role and participate in software packaging, custom scripting, pilot testing, user acceptance and communication, and remediation activities associated with large scale software deployments
-Ability to write technical documentation in the form of test plans, installation plans and incident reviews. Interfaces with other release team members to ensure all technical aspects of the deployment have been accounted for with the goal to minimize risk to IT infrastructure and the end user environment
-Help solve complex technical issues and develop customized solutions in deploying software applications to a diverse workstation environment
-Work in a test, configuration management, and release management environment, interfacing with various other process owners
- Deployment tools (SCCM)
- SCCM: 3 years
- Windows Registry (32/64 bit): 3 years
- Software packaging and deployment: 5 years
- Active Directory and Network Topology: 1 year
- PowerShell: 3 years
- Windows Troubleshooting: 5 years
- Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7, Windows 10): 3 years
- Expert level knowledge of AdminStudio 2016 for converting manually installed software into unattended silent installers that can be delivered to end users via Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Strong experience of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10) - Expertise in Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Strong technical skills and hands-on experience in .BAT, .VBS, .MSI, .PS1, .MST, .MSP, SQL Server and similar scripting + database tools - Experience or demonstrated knowledge of deployment tools (e.g. SCCM)
- Strong experience in the Windows Registry (32/64 bit architecture) manipulation