What personal data do we collect about you?
If you are a candidate, we collect and process personal information about you such as:
- Identification information – we may process your name, contact information (including home address, email address, home phone number and mobile phone number), citizenship and country of residence, date of birth.
- Demographic information, including age, ethnicity, and gender. Providing this information is voluntary and is only used by Randstad to meet diversity goals. We do not provide this information to hiring managers.
- CV/resumes and other recruitment information – we may process your CV/resume, work history, information about your skills, your experience and educational background and other relevant information (such as your photograph, interview notes and personal data included in the cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Information you choose to import from third party services like file storage sites or single sign-on services.
- When using a mobile application, your precise geographic location.
- Compensation and benefits information – we may process personal data relating to your current compensation and benefits including (without limitation) your current bonus, recurring payments and benefits.
- Government issued identifiers – we may process government issued identifiers including (without limitation) social security number, passport or drivers license, as legally required.
- Photographs and video footage – when participating in recruitment-related events, meetings, conferences, visiting a branch, etc., we may process photographs or videos of you.
- Visitor information – when accessing our buildings, we may collect your name, contact details, license plate number, and other identification for security reasons. Where we are legally required to do so we may also ask you to disclose information about your health (including information related to viral infections, flu, etc.) for health and safety reasons.
- Information you choose to share with us – we may process additional personal data if you choose to share that with us.
In addition to information we collect directly from you, we also may collect information about you from third party sources. These sources include:
- third party websites and services like job boards and professional network sites;
- background check providers;
- your references;
- business intelligence sources, including data aggregators and list providers;
- Randstad clients;
- Randstad affiliates, which are companies that own Randstad, that are owned by Randstad, or are under common ownership with Randstad.
why do we need your personal data?
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To provide our Services to you (including matching and proposing you to clients, interviews, assessments). For example, we may contact you to recommend jobs to you based on your profile and enable our consultants to provide you with tailored job opportunities, career advice, reskilling options, suggest additional training where necessary, and introduce you to hiring managers.
- Training and updating of systems/statistical purposes. Some of the systems that we use to provide our services are based on machine learning technology. In order for that technology to function reliably, it needs to be trained and updated on the basis of existing data. We may also process personal data in an aggregated manner for reporting or statistical purposes. We may share this aggregate personal data with clients, advertisers, and other third parties. This information does not identify you personally.
- Dispute management, litigation and handling any reports through Randstad's misconduct reporting procedure
- Compliance with labor/employment, tax and social security laws and other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. equal opportunity and workplace diversity requirements)
- Facilities, security, and contingency planning purposes
- To conduct corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and divestments)
How long do we keep your personal data?
Randstad maintains record retention schedules to ensure that personal information is retained only as long as reasonably necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which such data was collected or otherwise meet valid legal or business requirements.