what personal data do we collect about you?
When you are a temporary worker on an assignment at one of our clients, we may process personal data about you such as:
- Identification information – your name, contact information (including home address, email address, home phone number and mobile phone number), citizenship and country of residence, date of birth, (in exceptional cases) gender, digital signature and languages spoken.
- Professional information – we may process personal information related to your work including (without limitation) your job title, description and location, your department, professional email address, reporting levels, and employment status (full-time/part-time/etc.).
- Financial information – financial information including (without limitation) your bank account number, and bank details.
- Salary information – we may process salary information including (without limitation) recurring payments and benefits, any bonus or other compensation.
- Performance-related information – performance-related information including (without limitation) information on your performance reviews.
- Disciplinary information - information relating to disciplinary measures taken against you, if any.
- Grievance information – In order to assist in the reporting of grievances and (suspected) misconduct within the Randstad Group of companies, we have established dedicated channels through which stakeholders may voice concerns, either through local reporting mechanisms in place at the level of the local Randstad Group companies or, for serious misconduct (including whistleblowing), through our Integrity Line, the Randstad Group reporting facility. Whenever we receive a grievance report or a report about (suspected) misconduct we may process personal data related to the complainant, the other individuals mentioned in the complaint and the person(s) that is/are subject of the complaint and/or of the investigation into the complaint.
- Government issued identifiers – government issued identifiers including (without limitation) social security number, passport or driver’s license number, as legally required.
- CV/resumes and other recruitment information – your CV/resume and other relevant information (such as your photograph, interview notes and information included in the cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Travel and expense data – travel and accommodation information and expenses including (without limitation) travel itineraries, hotel and travel reward cards.
- Information you choose to share with us – information you choose to share with us, including (without limitation) information you share when using IT support or calling the helpline, and information about you that may be conveyed by your use of a webcam in communicating with us.
- Vehicle information – information about your personal or company car including (without limitation) your license plate, parking tickets and driving fines.
- Photographs and video footage – when participating in external or internal events, meetings, conferences or other events, we may process photographs or videos of you.
- Trade union membership – information revealing your trade union membership.
- Family and dependent information – information related to your family and dependents including (without limitation) details regarding family composition (names, genders, ages), any accomodation or education requirements for children or dependents, health information, and emergency contact information.
- Information related to identification/access control cards – employee identification and access control cards may contain your name, photograph, employee number and may be linked to other details on record (department, phone number, license plate).
- CCTV footage – we may process footage of you obtained through our use of CCTV surveillance systems.
- Survey results – we may process your responses to questions in employee surveys.
- Information related to your usage of Randstad devices, software and access to Randstad’s network – we may process information related to your use of our devices, software and access to our networks, including (without limitation) your browsing history, your use of email, internet and social media, whether at the workplace, on our equipment or otherwise through our networks.
- Visitor information – when accessing our buildings, we may collect your name, contact details, car plate number, identification, etc. for security reasons. Where we are legally required to do so we may also ask you to disclose information about your health (including information related to viral infections, flu, etc.) for health and safety reasons.
- Special categories of data, such as:
- Health-related information – health-related information including (without limitation) injuries and exposure, incident reports, disability, sickness and absences and maternity leave information, as legally required.
- Ethnic origin – information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, as legally required or should you choose to.
- Biometric–biometric data for timekeeping.
To the extent we process these special categories of data, we will protect, secure and use that information in a manner consistent with this notice and applicable laws.
- Trade sanctions information relating to you - we may verify whether you are a politically exposed person, a specially designated national or otherwise subject to sanctions under applicable laws or regulations.
why do we need your personal data?
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- General HR management and administration purposes (including workforce management)
- Compensation, payroll and expense reimbursement (including reporting and billing to clients)
- Insurance, pension and other benefits
- Performance management, career development and training
- Fleet management
- Disciplinary and grievance management, investigations, appeals (including managing complaints) and handling reports through Randstad’s misconduct reporting procedure
- Dispute management and litigation
- Health and safety management
- Managing holidays, leaves and other absences
- Compliance with employment/labor, tax and social security laws and other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. equal opportunity and workplace diversity requirements)
- IT support
- Facilities, security and contingency planning purposes
- Network and device usage optimization and related security controls (including company network access and authentication)
- Preventing, detecting and investigating fraud and other crimes, and compliance with sanctions regimes (including identification of politically exposed persons, specially designated nationals and screening against sanctions lists)
- Emergency and disaster management
- Relocation, mobility and travel management
- To monitor and enforce compliance with Randstad policies and procedures
- To monitor and enforce compliance with legal obligations applicable to us (including the requirements set out in your contract with us)
- Recruitment and staffing
- Employee surveys, statistical purposes
- To manage memberships of employees to professional associations
- To perform internal and external audits
- To conduct corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and divestments)
how long do we keep your personal data?
Randstad maintains record retention schedules to ensure that personal information is retained only as long as reasonably necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which such data was collected or otherwise meet valid legal or business requirements.