The client, a leading distribution center in Minnesota, needed support handling spikes in demand for talent. These spikes led to skyrocketing costs and unplanned overtime during a six-week peak season. What’s more, the client needed to improve — and more precisely measure — fill rates in order to maintain overtime percentages that were in line with budget and business goals.
Randstad immediately set to work designing a flex workforce scheduling solution to meet the client’s needs. Key features of the solution included:
- a schedule-confirmation option, replacing an unreliable manual process in which workers were required to dial in
- more robust communication capabilities, making it faster and easier to communicate and coordinate shift changes
- Relevate Schedule’s Standby feature, enabling workers to pick up shifts based on qualifications, availability and reliability
By partnering with Randstad, the client immediately saw a positive impact. Key outcomes included:
- increasing net hours filled by over 17 percent
- increasing fill rate by 13 percent
- achieving an additional 2,280 hours of production across the client’s business
- decreasing terminations related to attendance as well as fewer no-call no-show (NCNS) issues — even during periods of peak demand — compared to the rest of year
- increasing attendance and commitment from staff members, which critically improved overall operational reliability.
To learn more about how Randstad can help your business solve mission-critical workforce challenges, contact us today.