a day in the life of a recruiter
the day begins
A day in the life of a recruiter at Randstad starts out in our office with a daily morning meeting to assess needs and progress on the book of business generated by our account managers.
The search then starts out internally with all the resources provided by Randstad. We process direct applies that are not only done on our website, but also through outside vendors which filter into our site and provide us with a competitive advantage. We then search for and cold call our candidates.
finding the perfect fit
Our job is to provide our account managers with competitive candidates in order to generate future business and continually grow. In our opinion, this industry is best described by the analogy “marathon not a sprint.” The best part about this job is the direct correlation between the effort and time put in, and your personal results.
- Concentrate on our candidates
- Build a candidate database
- Source, screen and make the match for our clients
- Work with account managers
- Evaluate candidate strengths versus client requirements
- Negotiate wage rates
- Close and sell candidates on the positions that are the best fit for them
- Partner with our sales team to ensure the right match is made
- Manage contractors and relationships