Our client, a global aerospace and defense company, was on a tight deadline to update design models and other artifacts to support FPGA certification to DO-254 guidance, and they lacked internal bandwidth to support the aggressive program schedule.
Randstad Engineering Solutions was able to rapidly deploy and train a team of 19 engineers to support this effort. Key highlights of our engagement included:
- assembling a project manager and engineering team in our Fort Lauderdale delivery center, plus dedicated onsite resources at the client’s facilities
- creating — and cross-training — a team of engineers with a mix of FPGA and avionics safety-critical certification experience
- reviewing, re-architecting and updating requirements, models and manual VHDL code for the flight control, actuator control and remote electronics units
As promised, Randstad helped our client successfully pass the FAA audit with flying colors, and delivered success in other areas, too, by:
- integrating seamlessly with the client's engineering team to address several functional issues
- expanding the original scope of the project to include the re-architecture of the artifacts