Local fabricator in the St. Louis area is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in CNC Programming and process improvement to add to its growing team. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and CAD experience. Lighter candidates will be considered, previous fabrication or welding experience a plus.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: St. Louis, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000.00 - 64,999.98 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Operate and troubleshoot CNC machinery
- Quoting and estimating for projects based on customer drawings
- Improve processes, manufacturing engineering
- Plans, designs, and develops CNC programs to meet the specifications of the CAD designs and customer blueprint specifications.
- Production scheduling and supervision of fabrication shop areas
- Ensuring sheet metal fabrication process meets quality specifications based on drawings, dimensions, tolerances
- Use of calipers, micrometers, CMM measurement arm and software.
- B.S. in Engineering
- Previous experience with or knowledge of laser cutting, turret punch, press brake forming, welding, powdercoat painting or machining
- Previous CNC experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on work ethic
- Problem solving capabilities
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.